FILIPINO COMMUNITIES COUNCIL OF AUSTRALIA INC
The Filipino Communities Council of Australia Inc (FILCCA) was established in 1990 and is the oldest known existing umbrella organisation outside the Philippines.
- To advocate, lobby and campaign for the promotion and advancement of the welfare and interests of all Filipino-Australians and Filipinos in Australia.
- To promote and develop organised self-help initiatives and solidarity among Filipinos and Filipino-Australians nationally through Filipino-Australian or Filipino community organisations in all the states and territories.
- To promote Filipino heritage, culture and language.
- To promote the concept of contribution by the Filipino community in Australia towards the economic, political and social advancement of the Australian community.
- To promote, encourage and support socio-economic and political empowerment of Filipinos and Australians of Filipino descent in Australia
- To act as community gatekeepers for information and consultation with the Philippine and Australian governments and other bodies, organised to work for greater access to various rights, welfare services and other benefits for all Filipinos in Australia.
- To initiate, organise, maintain, expand, promote and support programs, projects and activities that are appropriate and relevant to the needs of the Filipino communities in Australia.
- To organise discussions, studies, training and conferences that raise the awareness, organisational skills and capabilities of organisations to address common concerns among Filipino-Australians and Filipinos in Australia.
- To do all such other things necessary for the implementation and furtherance of the above objects or any of them.