The Filipino Communities Council of Australia (FILCCA) is committed to the Filipino Community in Australia and advocating for their needs and rights The Charter outlines the fundamental principles upon which FILCCA should operate in the representation of the Filipino-Australian community.
- Respect: We are committed to responding to the needs of the community regardless of gender, sexual preference, race, religion, political belief, socio-economic status or disability.
- Advocacy: FILCCA is committed to advocating for policy change and raising awareness of issues of concern for the benefit of the Filipinos in Australia.
- Consultation: FILCCA is committed to ensuring constituent members are consulted in the decision-making process on issues that may affect them.
- Participation and Contribution: FILCCA aims to ensure that the interests of constituents are represented in the making and implementation of FILCCA initiatives. FILCCA is committed to raise awareness of the achievements and contributions of Filipinos in Australia.
- Responsiveness: FILCCA is committed to initiating and developing projects and activities that will be appropriate and relevant to respond to the needs of the Filipino communities in Australia and overseas.
- Sustainability of the Filipino Culture: FILCCA is committed to promote the continuance of the Filipino culture and language.
- Grievances: FILCCA is committed to responding to all grievances and ensures fair consideration of complaints and grievances regarding FILCCA operations.